Tuesday 30 March 2021

The Entertainment Factory


Mubin Tisekar Profile

Risk taker. Intrepid traveller. A true-blue comedy diehard. Experimentalist. Animal lover. Solitude  seeker. But, most importantly, an entrepreneur with a vision — Mubin Tisekar dons several hats on a  daily basis. However, if there’s one role that he identifies himself with most, it’s got to be the one as the CEO of his solo venture, The Entertainment Factory. 

Mubin started off as a 20-year-old wide-eyed foray into the entertainment business. Since then he has been participating actively in the curation aspect in London and India within the entertainment and event management scene. The Mumbai boy did not take long to understand what his calling was. "I was a member of The London Comedy Store. The visibility and the chance seemed like a gift that emerged from the blue, because it gave me a glimpse into the stand-up comedy. They were the men who took comedy to India," he explained.

Prior to that, Mubin was part of a comedy store and then proceeded to become a member of Canvas Club. He was awarded the Young Programmer in Comedy and Theatre genre. Despite his gratitude for the knowledge he had gained, Mubin was quick to notice that something clearly amassed in his growth graph.

He shares, “During my stint as a programming head, I realised there were a lot of restrictions. For  instance, I remember not being allowed to ever accommodate space for Hindi shows, despite my  requests and observations that Hindi shows would work. He further expresses, “The very realisation also led me into starting  up and stressing importance on the fact that every youngster with an idea out there needs to start out. You cannot rely on your job solely for creative satisfaction if that’s what you’re looking for.

 

Though Mubin still thinks there is a long way to go, his solo venture promises to have a couple of chuckles at dirt cheap prices. The Entertainment Factory also makes unique arrangements to provide a forum for emerging artists to develop their talents.

 

He states that, I’d like to believe that this is a venture that  aims to offer quality entertainment in the form of well-thought off budget-friendly gigs. The right to  entertainment is not exclusive anymore. For as little as 300, I’d want youngsters to come and enjoy a  comedy gig or a DJ night for that matter — with international artistes around. Because, at some point,  that’s exactly what I was on the lookout for”

 

Despite work keeping him on his toes, the 28-year-old likes to take advantage of his other passions whenever time allows. Signing off he says, “I have an amazing team, and they really make all the difference. But, when I’m off the  (professional radar) I make time for my ground training. I'm usually a sucker for solitude, I love spending  time with myself. I’m a big fan of air shows. I love travelling. I love automobiles – aircraft and everything  in between,”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment