Tuesday 25 January 2022

Every year, Republic Day instils a sense of pride and zeal in our hearts and souls. To celebrate the same, ALTBalaji artists share their thoughts.


Sahil Salathia, also known as Bhanu from Paurashpur said,

“When I hear the word Republic Day, the first thing that comes to mind is that our country is a republic, that we have a constitution, and that we should follow the laws. Furthermore, the parade comes to mind because I used to get up early in the morning as a kid to watch it on TV. This year, I plan to spend the Republic Day with my family, hopefully watching the Parade, listening to ‘Ae mere watan ke logo’;my favourite patriotic song, and praying that our country strengthens with each passing year with literacy rates rising and infrastructure improving, and we truly become a nation to be reckoned with. One thing I am very proud of is that “India is a lot of countries in one country - be it colours, food or the culture!”

Tusshar Kapoor, the super-duper Gopal from Booo…Sabki Phategi said, 

“Republic Day is the day when we actually became a true democratic country. This year, I intend to celebrate it at my home with my son and we both will enjoy the weather and feel ‘free’. The thing I am particularly proud about my country is that it is very accepting and liberal in a way. We are always very welcoming. That's why we call India the biggest democracy in the world. When it comes to patriotic songs about Republic Day, my son’s favourite song is ‘Nana Munna Raahi Hu’ from Son Of India and that’s what I have to keep listening to a lot!”

Jatin Sarna who has been a part of Dark 7 White as ACP Abhimanyu said, 

“ I recall the annual Parade - which takes place in Rajpath. I used to live in New Delhi and I remember it very well and I still get excited to see the procession. Furthermore, the Constitution, which gives us power and declares that we are all equal are the two things which springs to me when I hear the word Republic Day. My day is spent with my family, and later in the evening, my friends and I get together to sing patriotic songs like ‘Mera Rang de Basanti Chola’, as well as think about those people who have contributed to our country's constitution. The finest part of our country is its diversity; there are so many religions from North to South, and I am extremely proud of that.”

Tanuj Virwani, our very own Angad Sandhu from Code M said,

“I recall flag hoisting and other festivities that we used to do at my school. These two days - Republic and Independence Day - evoke a rush of passion and memories in us all. This love for our country and our values was instilled in us at such a young age, and even now, in my 36th year, I still feel tremendously patriotic. While I'm currently on a break due to a surgery, I'll keep my spirits up. We plan on hoisting the flag, singing the national anthem, and holding a 2 minute moment of silence for everyone who has contributed to this journey. There will also be singing when I will sing my favourite song - ‘Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani’, as well as play cricket, because that's something we enjoy doing, and it also involves a community experience. To sum up, it's tough for me to name one aspect of India that I am particularly proud of, but we've come a long way since being ruled by the British for centuries. I am proud to be an Indian everyday.”

Gagan Anand who has been a part of Hai Taubba as Nitin said,

“I am from Karnal (Haryana), a colder part of India in the  North. For me, Republic Day is a representation of misty winter mornings when family members gather to watch the parade on Doordarshan.I still do this after years, with the only difference being that I now watch it on Instagram and mostly alone. I miss my childhood days, and the song which perfectly captures that feeling is ‘Nana Munna Rahi Hu’. I wish everyone a very Happy Republic Day. Jai Hind!”

No comments:

Post a Comment