Wednesday 1 November 2023

“It is wonderful to be associated with grief” says Sobhita Dhulipala in ‘Burning Questions’ at IMDb Portrait’s Studio at Jio MAMI Mumbai Festival 2023

IMDb is hosting its first-ever exclusive portrait and video studio in India at the Jio 2023 MAMI Mumbai Film Festival, expanding its on-the-ground presence at leading festivals worldwide. The studio aims to give fans a virtual front-row seat to all the latest news, titles and stars at MAMI.

Sobhita Dhulipala visited the studio and answered some of IMDb’s ‘Burning Questions’. She shared how auditioning for Raman Raghav 2.0 changed her life, “It was actually my first ever film audition. Until then, I had auditioned for hundreds and thousands of ad films, and TV commercials. I was so thrilled at the prospect of being called for a film audition. And I also, at that time, had given myself a timeline to keep trying this. I was beginning to feel like maybe I am not cut out for this and that it wasn’t going to work out. The audition happened and I ended up getting the part. It was my first film. It’s a film that took me to the Cannes Film Festival with a nomination, and changed my life.”

Speaking about the character she resonates with the most, Sobhita mentioned, “In real life I am actually really silly, messy, chaotic, and goofy. I don't end up getting associated with that because the parts I have played so far are very intense, complex, tragic backstories, unhappy endings. I think people associate that sort of gravitas and I don’t say it regretfully. It’s wonderful to be associated with grief. It is unreleased love in a way. I think it would be nice to play someone that’s light on their feet. 

Watch the entire clip here: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzGZ5zGytnS/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== 

No comments:

Post a Comment