Friday 31 January 2020


Indrani Chakraborty
 Ladakh Chale Rickshawala by Indrani Chakraborty tells the tale of a rickshawala in Kolkata, who travels to far away destinations in his cycle-rickshaw. Initially when Indrani conceptualized the idea of filming his journey to Ladakh, the film got shelved away owing to lack of finance, time and equipments required in filming his journey. "It was only after I handed over a handy-cam to shoot his journey on his own, did the film start getting made", Indrani Chakravarty said during the joint press conference with directors Jesse Alk and Jitendra Rai at the festival.
“I never looked at this film with a profit motive. I wanted to record only this incredible man's journey and showcase it,” she said. The documentary is spun around the struggles of the protagonist, his wife and the crew who passionately wanted to capture this wonderful journey. The documentary is short listed under National Competition category of MIFF2020.
Jitendra Rai
Baitullah by Jitendra Rai is a short fiction film featuring under National Category at the festival.  Jitendra’s first short film Cup of Tea got critically acclaimed and received overwhelming response on social media and one of the comments about the film inspired him to make this film. Millions of children in India are engaged in child labour, whose dreams are thwarted due to lack of education. Baitullah is the story of one such child, with a dream, surviving in the maddening metropolis of Mumbai, waiting for someone to notice.
Jesse Alk
Pariah Dog,  by Jesse Alk is a film that portrays a lyrical, kaleidoscopic picture of the city of Kolkata, seen through the prism of four outsiders and neglected street dogs they love. The film gains intimate access to the lives of its subjects as they both care for the stray animals around them, and struggle to find their own place in this crowded megacity. Jesse mentioned that the crew had a 165 hour footage which was for challenging at the editing table. The documentary featured under International Competition of MIFF2020.

3 comments:

  1. Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a loan? If yes! Contact FIFO Capitals and Mortgages Limited ® for small and large loans. We give out loans at 2% interest rate. Contact us today via E-mail at,,,(( FIFOCapitals@gmail.com )),,, We also give out from. £5 thousand Pounds to 100 million Pounds for individuals and companies, the credit is open to all regardless of nationality....

    ReplyDelete