Thursday 24 December 2020

hoichoi finally unveils the complete cast of Srijit Mukherji’s upcoming series “Robindronath Ekhane Kawkhono Khete Aashenni” in a star-studded press event

Kolkata, 24th December, 2020: At a press conference held today, the makers of Robindronath Ekhane Kawkhono Khete Aashenni’ made an official announcement on the complete star cast of the upcoming hoichoi original series amidst major audience anticipation.  One of the biggest projects of hoichoi of 2021Robindronath Ekhane Kawkhono Khete Aashenni’ is directed by Srijit Mukherji and involves a team of adept cast members along with having the best crew on board. The cast includes Rahul Bose, Azmari Haque Badhon, Anirban Bhattacharya, Anjan Dutt and Anirban Chakrabarti in titular roles along with a string of other cast members, all of whom are few of the most powerful faces of the industry. Moreover, it is also the first time that national award-winning director, Srijit Mukherji has associated with hoichoi for any content.   

Based on Mohammad Nazim Uddin’s popular Bangladeshi thriller novel, the story centers around a restaurant named Robindronath Ekhane Kawkhono Khete Aashenni located in an unmatched locality called SundarpurThe restaurant has been gaining immense popularity for the heavenly taste of food amongst outsiders. When journalist Nirupam Chanda comes to find it out himself, he develops a keen interest to find out about the owner, Muskan Zuberi. Nirupam meets Ator Ali, an informer to the police and introduces him to the mystery surrounding Muskan Zuberi. In reality, Nirupam Chanda is a detective investigating missing person cases related to this infamous restaurant. Ultimately, he finds out the truth about Muskan Zuberi and how she is connected with all of them. The role of Nirupam Chanda who also happens to be the protagonist of the show, is played by none other than Rahul BoseAzmari Haque Badhon, one of the most popular actresses of Bangladesh will be seen playing Muskan Zuberi. While the character of Ator Ali is played by Anirban Bhattacharya; Anjan Dutt and Anirban Chakrabarti also have important roles to portray.  The series is currently in floors now and is slated to release early next year.  

Positive about his association with hoichoiSrijit Mukherji said, “This is my first association with hoichoi, so obviously very excited about the journey. Robindronath Ekhane Kawkhono Khete Aashenni is a very special project to me from the very beginning. I believe it’s a good story with a great cast. I am working with some of the best actors from three film industries, hence, I am confident that they will completely justify the characters. I hope the series to make an impact on the audience as the story unfolds to unpredictable events. I look forward to make more fruitful associations with hoichoi in future. 

Excited about reappearing in Bengali content after long timeRahul Bose said, It’s been a while since I have come back to doing a project in Bengali. As soon as Srijit came to me with this script, I said yes. It’s a wonderful story with a great cast. OTT platforms have an enviable reach to audiences anywhere in the world, so working with hoichoi, one of the premier platforms for Bengali content, is a perfect for both for this project and me. 

Azmari Haque Badhon, who plays the role of Muskan Zuberi in the series, said, "Firstly, I take immense pleasure in associating with hoichoi, I feel it’s the most premium OTT platform for Bengali content worldwide. I am thankful to Srijit Mukherji for trusting me with the character of Muskaan Zuberi and giving me the opportunity. The feeling is absolute surreal as I express my excitement centering this project. Although the character is difficult, I believe my hard work can do complete justice to it. I was hopeful and very focused throughout the entire lockdown period for working in this project. I even started working on my Bengali accent, started learning to sing in the period so that my delivery in the series is an absolute match to the character and also to the vision of the director. My director has supported me in the efforts and I hope my hard work helps me justify the character at its best.” 

Robindronath Ekhane Kawkhono Khete Aashenni’ is slated to stream on hoichoi exclusively in 2021. 

About hoichoi: 

hoichoi is a leading Bengali entertainment platform with over 2,000+ hours of Movies, exclusive Original Series, Songs, Music Videos and more. hoichoi aims to take the best of Bengali content globally and connect the 250+ million Bengalis residing worldwide to their roots. With features like Offline Download, AD free Seamless Viewing Experience, unlimited HD Video Streaming, Bilingual Interface (English & Bengali), Multi-Device Capability and English subtitles – one can download the hoichoi App from Android (http://bit.ly/AndroidHCDownload) and iOS App Stores (http://bit.ly/iTunesHCDownload) to watch on their Mobile Phones, as well as on Desktop/Laptop through www.hoichoi.tv and on TVs through Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast and Roku. 

Founded in 2017, it is SVF New Media’s maiden venture. hoichoi is headed by Co-Founder Vishnu Mohta who is also the Executive Director of SVF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment