Friday 18 October 2024

Actress Sumit Singh Reveals the Unique Story Behind Her Name

Sumit Singh: A Name with a Story—Discover What It Means!
Names often carry special stories, and some are as unique as the people behind them! Take actress Sumit Singh, for example, who plays the role of Pinni in Star Bharat's hit show Shaitani Rasmein. Recently, she shared the fascinating story behind her distinctive name, giving fans a glimpse into the meaning and significance it holds for her.
While speaking about her name actress Sumit Singh says, "People are always surprised when they meet me because my name, Sumit, is usually associated with boys. It’s almost predictable, before they see me or hear my voice, they assume I’m a guy! I get teased about it every day, but this name holds a special place in my heart. It's my grandfather's name, and though he passed away before I was born, my family believes they see a part of him in me. That’s why I've never even thought about changing it. The emotions and memories tied to this name are far too precious."
She added, "People often suggest I change my name, but I embrace it with pride, especially because it holds so much meaning for my family. It feels unique! On set, though, there's always some fun confusion, our associate is also named Sumit. So when the director shouts, 'Sumit, get the shots ready!' I pause, thinking, 'Wait, me?' It's a hilarious mix-up, but I love it! My name means 'true friend,' and I try to live up to that by being reliable, just like my name suggests. Honestly, I wouldn't want to be called anything else!"
*Watch ‘Shaitani Rasmein’ Every Monday to Saturday at 10:00 pm only one Star Bharat.*

No comments:

Post a Comment