Friday 14 August 2020

Zee TV | Independence Day

 Nishant Singh Malkhani who plays the character of Akshat in Zee TV’s Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega mentioned, “On the occasion of Independence Day, I remember I used to fly kites with my dad and my brother. It was like a yearly tradition of ours and its one of my very special memories of Independence Day.  My father would initiate this, and he was the star of the event while my brother and I were his sidekick. We had a lot of fun while we were at it. Back in school, we used to organise plays and I enacted the role of Bhagat Singh. Those acts gave me a broad knowledge and opened my mind to the vast history behind India's independence. I believe post-Independence, as a country we have achieved a lot and I hope as Indians together, we keep getting better with time and take immense pride in our beautiful nation. I hope our democracy and unity in diversity prevails throughout and we keep going strong together as a nation. I feel, in such troubled times with a global pandemic hovering over us, India needs to fight the battle of Independence yet again, this time against the deadly coronavirus and I hope we come out victorious.”

 Kanika Mann who essays the character of Guddan in Zee TV’s Guddan Tumse Na Ho Payega mentioned, “Independence Day in our school used to be a big event. I remember participating in the dancing troops and it was quite some fun to share the stage with my classmates dancing to the tunes of 'Yeh Bharat Desh Hai Mera'. Apart from this, we used to also have a small gathering in the spirit of Independence Day at my private tutor's place where we would cut a cake amongst us. The celebrations of this day were mostly limited to my school days post which I barely got the chance to celebrate it on such a grand scale. Currently all of us are fighting another Azaadi battle against this pandemic that is hovering us and the only way to really fight this through is to continue following the social distancing measures, wearing a mask whenever you step out and keep washing your hands at every point during the day  These are small things that are a part of my #AzaadiWishList for people around and I really hope we too find a victorious end just like years ago our country did!”

Adnan Khan who plays the role of Kabir in Zee TV’s Ishq Subhan Allah mentioned, "Ever since I was a kid, Independence Day has always made my heart swell with pride. After all it was the day, we saw a much-awaited victory to a fight that the entire nation was pitted against. One must never forget the efforts of the people who died for a freedom they never got to experience. As we yet again celebrate this day with great pride and enthusiasm, we must share our respects and a heartfelt salute to our soldiers on the borders who during these testing times are fighting every day to protect us from many other viruses while we stay sanitized within the walls of our home. Wishing all our dearest viewers a very Happy 73rd Independence Day "

Poorva Gokhle who essays the character of  Anupriya in Zee TV’s Tujhse Hai Raabta mentioned, “It’s unfortunate that due to the worldwide pandemic, we are unable to celebrate this day on a large scale but the best celebration we all could have this year  is just by staying indoors and paying our respects to all the freedom fighters who fought to gain independence. Every year, my society holds a programme to honour our nation but this year we won’t be having any of that considering santitaion and social distancing is still the need of the hour. I sincerely wish and pray that this year we to garner independence from this pandemic that has gripped us and may all of have the strength to put up a tough fight against it. A very Happy Independence Day to everyone.”

Sehban Azim who plays the role of ACP Malhar Rane in Zee TV’s Tujhse Hai Raabta mentioned, “The thought of our nation being independent is still a rather overwhelming feeling despite it being 73 years since we gained our independence. It is beyond an honour to have freedom fighters like Bhagat Singh who fought with all their might and also sacrificed their lives to get us where we are right now. A heartfelt thanks and salute to these individuals and on this Independence Day I sincerely urge and request all our viewers to spare some time and read up about the kind of efforts our leaders and freedom fighters took to see a glorious shining India. Wishing everyone a very Happy Independence Day.”

Reem Shaikh who plays the character of Kalyani in Zee TV’s Tujhse Hai Raabta mentioned, “While India fought one battle for independence nearly 73 years back, this year the nation and its citizens are fighting another independence battle against the global pandemic. Irrespective, as citizens our hearts still swell with pride at just hearing the word and seeing how far the nation has come ever since then. Our country and our women have also become independent over the years and I believe that is a clear sign of progress and development. I wish all our wonderful viewers a very Happy Independence Day.”

Mugdha Chapekar who plays the role of Prachi in Zee TV's Kumkum Bhagya mentioned, "To me independence in true sense means liberation from the idea of dos and donts. We will truly be independent once our minds are free of judgments. So, this Independence Day, let’s embrace the idea of freedom by putting a stop to being judgmental and opinionated all the time. We need an open mind to live together, sharing love and respect with fellow human beings, irrespective of man-made ideas of caste creed and gender. Talking about my memories associated with Independence Day, I remember during my school days, we used to wake up early and go for flag hoisting ceremony. Those days were filled with excitement about everything. I also learned the true meaning of independence as I grew, feeling grateful to the freedom fighter heroes who gave us an independent nation. However, this pandemic has surely made us lead a restricted life and so my #AazadiWishList includes being able to breathe the air that is free, with a hope in my heart that the current pandemic leaves this world and lets us live in peace. I want to be able to live a normal life where one can just hold hands of a loved one and share a hug. What's on your #AazadiWishList?"

Pooja Banerjee who plays the role of Rhea in Zee TV’s Kumkum Bhagya mentioned, “I truly believe in the thought of Sare Jaha se Achha, Hindustan Hamara. I have been to several countries across the world but, I really feel there is no other place like India. There is a sense of freedom that I feel only when I am back home, in India. While we surely have gained independence from the British, as a country we need still need to attain freedom from being expected to follow a particular person, sect, religion, organisation or caste. The discrimination on the basis of the above is rather compulsive and lacks inclusiveness. One should be free to take a call on what he/she likes and dislikes without the end result being harmful to a person or a property.”

No comments:

Post a Comment