Monday 31 August 2020

Whistling Woods International pays tribute to Dadasaheb Phalke to commemorate his 150th birth anniversary

August 31, 2020, Mumbai: Whistling Woods International (WWI) has been synonymous with being a pioneer in film, communication and creative arts education in India. As Asia’ premier institute it takes pride in paying tribute to a visionary pioneer, who not only made India’s first full-length feature film but paved a path of dreams and aspiration for generations to follow – Late Shri. Dhundiraj Govind Phalke, popularly known as Dadasaheb Phalke.

The short, insightful video created by the students and faculty of WWI pays tribute to Dadasaheb Phalke and his legacy on his 150th birth anniversary. He directed and produced the nation’ first full-length feature film, Raja Harishchandra in 1913, leading him to be known as the ‘Father of Indian Cinema’. Being an alumnus of Sir J. J. School of Art, Mumbai, and Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, he made 95 feature-length films and 27 short films. Through the course of his career, he took a brief retirement during which he wrote a 7-act play that was staged over 2 days owing to its length. In 2009, the Marathi film, Harishchandrachi Factory, based on Dadasaheb Phalke’ life and struggle to make India’ first film was submitted for Oscars under the Foreign Language Film category.

Appreciating the tribute paid by the students and faculty of WWI, Chandrashekhar Pusalkar, maternal grandson of Dadasaheb Phalke said, “In 1927, during an interview my grandfather, Dada, had expressed a wish that there should be an institute, which imparts education and training in cinema. Today, Whistling Woods International is fulfilling his dream by training thousands of students in the field of film and creative arts. It feels great and I’m immensely happy to see the students and faculty of Whistling Woods International observing the 150th  birth anniversary of the Father of Indian Cinema and paying a grand tribute to him through this video.”

“It’s a great honour and privilege for us, as an institute, to pay tribute to Dadasaheb Phalke, the Father of Indian Cinema, one of the most respected personalities of Indian film industry. The video-tribute briefly chronicles his journey and I’m proud of our faculty and students who took the initiative to create this video”, said Meghna Ghai Puri, Whistling Woods International.

While the video-tribute has been directed and designed by Jasbinder Singh, Faculty, WWI School of Animation & Game Design along with the support of the students, it has been narrated by Anjum Rajabali, renowned screenwriter and HOD-Screenwriting Dept., WWI School of Filmmaking.

Please find herewith the link to the video of the same  >>https://youtu.be/GNBE-kKmVw0

2 comments:

  1. Am Laura Mildred by name, i was diagnosed with Herpes 4 years ago i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn't going to ever be well again i contacted so many herbal doctors on this issue and wasted a large sum of money but my condition never got better i was determined to get my life back so one day i saw Mr. Morrison Hansen post on how Dr. Emu saved him from Herpes with herbal medicine i contacted Dr. Emu on his Email: Emutemple@gmail.com we spoke on the issue i told him all that i went through and he told me not to worry that everything will be fine again so he prepared the medicine and send it to me and told me how to use it, after 14 days of usage I went to see the doctor for test,then the result was negative, am the happiest woman on earth now thanks to Dr. Emu God bless you. Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com Whats-app or Call him: +2347012841542 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone. I want to share my amazing experience with the great spell caster Dr Mark my husband was cheating on me and when I found out we had a fight which lead him filling for a divorce I cried and fell sick when I was searching about love quotes online I saw people talking about Dr Mark and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info I contacted Dr Mark and he told me not to worry that after 24 hours he will cancel the divorce and my husband will be back to me after I did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back, thank you once again Dr Mark you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you. contact Dr Mark through his email address on: blessedlovetemple@gmail.com He cure all kinds of sickness or diseases such as: HERPES VIRUS LASSA FEVER GONORRHEA HIV/AID

    ReplyDelete