Thursday 28 November 2019

450+ Students Came Together To Pay Tribute to World Disability Day by Shiamak Davar’s Victory Arts Foundation


Ace Choreographer makes dance accessible for individuals from lower economic backgrounds, with intellectual disability, developmental disability, visual impairment, hearing impairment and speech impairment
Mumbai: Victory Arts Foundation, an NGO founded by Ace Choreographer and Dance Legend, Shiamak Davar conducted its annual presentation on 27thNovember 2019 at St. Andrews Auditorium. Celebrating the spirit of differently-abled kids on the occasion of World Disability Day, Victory Presentation brought together 450+ kids across different age, gender, caste, class and ability; without prejudice. 
The presentation witnessed a spectacular performance by 14 NGOs/Institutes performing at a house full show. All the children from different NGOs and Institutes have been trained by Shiamak’s finest dance faculty to show that they are differently abled and not disabled. 
The performance had a mesmerizing effect on the audience; cheering, continuous clapping to motivate the special kids. Once the performances began, audience forgot about their disability. Though they might not have the sense of sight or ability to hear, though they may not have legs or hands to physically move, but every performer had a spirit, a spirit that makes them triumph. They danced from their soul and we could literally see their spirit fly!
Victory Arts Foundation is an NGO working with kids with Developmental and Intellectual Disability including Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Individuals using wheelchairs, crutches and calipers, Individuals with Speech Impairment, Individuals with Visual Impairment, Individuals with Hearing Impairment, Emotionally traumatized children (orphans and child laborers), Children of Construction Workers and Rag-pickers, Senior citizens, Women/children who are victims of human trafficking and victims of domestic violence, Children and adults affected by sickness or disease (Cancer, Schizophrenia and HIV infected affected), Children and adults in conflict with the law.
Through Victory Arts Foundation, Shiamak aims to endeavors the use of power of dance as a therapeutic medium to bring joy to the special kids and make dance a viable and respected career option.
This year , the theme for  for Victory Arts Foundation was “World of Television” where the Victory Dance Teams, along with partner NGO’s performed on stage showcasing popular television shows in form of dance. The performances of these kids also included Aerial acts and many more such performances  which were a visual treat to everyone.
The music, choreography, costumes, and designs were breathtaking. The participants performed on various Bollywood numbers and different styles which brought varied emotions.
Dance is not taken seriously and people don’t understand that dance has the ability to heal, it actually heals on every level mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally. And this is what we want to change. About 30 years ago, when I just started my classes, a polio affected girl came to me and told me she wants to come to my classes. I immediately expressed my interest to get her enrolled to my classes after knowing she can’t move. As she completed one year, she told me, “you know my hand is moving a little more than my doctor had said” and that’s a miracle, that really made me think is it possible that dance could actually do this to someone. And that’s when the idea clicked of getting (incorporated in 2004) Victory Arts Foundation started which is really close to my heart, says Shiamak Davar.
Mr. Davar and his mother and family and friends were moved present also was Master marzi who kept all entertained.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250, 000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250, 000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Whats App +91-8929509036 Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgent need Female for egg donation with the sum of $500,000.00,whatsapp +91 9945317569
    Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Awesome work ! I am planning to get an education loan but I was confused about the best deals available for me , your post gave me an amazing idea to explore for education loan in usa . Nice post, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete