Thursday 3 September 2020

Manav Gohil | Shaadi Mubarak

Talented actor Manav Gohil who is captivating viewers once again as he embarked on a journey with Star Plus' newly launched show ‘Shaadi Mubarak’. He shares about his character as KT and much mor

Tell us about your show?
Our show ‘Shaadi Mubarak’ promises a journey of self-revelation of two individuals who are extremely different from one another but what keeps them together is the respect. My character KT is extremely charming while my co-actor Rajshree Thakur (who plays Preeti in the show) is known to be fierce and vulnerable at the same time. Their chemistry seems effortless on–screen. The show airs from Monday to Saturday on Star Plus at 7:30pm. Produced by Shashi Sumeet Productions, the show also features other actors such as Neelu Vaghela, Nisha Rawal, Manu Malik, Dolly Minhas, Akansha Sareen, Gaurav Sharma, and many others.

How did you spend your time during the lockdown?

 My wife Shweta, my daughter Zara and I are a close-knit family who enjoys spending time together. So we had a lot of fun amongst ourselves during the lockdown. The lockdown not only gave me time to spend with my family or touch on hobbies that I haven’t pursued in a long time but also to ponder a lot of things. Personal growth was my biggest achievement given this lockdown.

Tell us about your character in the show?
I am essaying the role of a 45-year-old who is flamboyant and charming in nature with a sense of humor. KT loves being around people. As Manav, KT is very close to how I pursue things in life, smiling through problems and seeing life through difficult times, I happen to see myself in KT

How does it feel shooting for your show amidst the new normal?
I am a very friendly person in real life. I love to converse with my staff, co-stars, directors, and team. However, in the current phase, I haven’t even hugged my director with whom I have worked many times in the past. It is important to maintain social distancing which we are all following on sets as well.

What is your bond with your co-actors like?
A decade back, Rajshree and I very briefly worked together for the show ‘Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo’ and now I am glad to be sharing the screen once again with her. There are many great actors in this show and we all make a fabulous team. At the moment, we all are very much focused on fitting into our characters but above all, we still have a lot of fun with each other on the sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment