Saturday 1 August 2020

Corona virus fails to dampen the spirit of Raksha Bandhan: Pyar Ki Luka Chuppi actors to celebrate the selfless bond of love and protection between brothers and sisters uniquely!

Mumbai, 01 August, 2020: Raksha Bandhan is a festival which symbolizes the bond of love and protection between a brother and sister. While the sibling love is everlasting, Raksha Bandhan is an occasion which brothers and sisters await eagerly to express what the other means to them. In normal course of things kins plan this day and ensure they meet to carry out the rituals. However, 2020 has been an unusually different year and many siblings are looking to celebrate this festival in an unconventional fashion. Despite their crazy shooting schedules and overcoming the challenges of the pandemic Pyar Ki Luka Chuppi actors plan to make this day special.

 Read on to know how each one generally celebrates this auspicious day and what’s in store this year:

Alan Kapoor who plays Angad says, “Rakshabandhan has always been a very warm and special brother-sister celebration day for me since the beginning. I belong to Agra and have a sibling and 6 cousin sisters. When back in my hometown I used to ensure to meet all my sisters and get rakhi tied, even my sisters from Delhi use to travel to Agra to tie the rakhi. When in Mumbai they used to courier the rakhi’s and my sister used to tie it on their behalf. Unfortunately, this year it will all be different. There will be no meetings, no hugs, no fun in person but everything virtual. This time it will be the new age of virtual rakhi. We made a plan to do a video call where we all siblings will come together and enjoy this special day by reminiscing the old memories and promise each other to continue this love and tradition”

Rahul Sharma who plays Sarthak shares, “Raksha Bandhan has always been the most loved festival for me and my sisters. I always used to go back to my home town in Rajasthan to celebrate it. In the last decade, since I have moved to Mumbai, there hasn't been a single year that I have been away from my sisters on this special day. It is like a ritual for me to meet them. But this time, things have changed due to the current unprecedented situation. It will be a virtual Rakhi celebration for me this time. My sisters will send Rakhi and we are looking forward to celebrating it together through a video call. I will probably have to put the tilak on my own. As far as I am from them, the more I miss them, as they are my younger sisters. I believe that celebrating these festivals helps one to spend quality time with family and makes the relationship grow stronger.”

Aparna Dixit who plays Srishti, says, “I stay with my brother in Mumbai, while my parents are based in Agra. Agam is nine years younger to me and more than being a brother I consider him to be my best friend. He is my best company. I never get bored of him. My fondest memory of celebrating Raksha Bandhan is that no matter where I am shooting, every year I ensure to visit my cousins. This is the first time ever that I will not be able to visit my cousins in Delhi. Raksha Bandhan is a family reunion for us. But, this year, I am going to miss it and it is not a good feeling at all. But, it’s the need of the hour to stay safe. This year, I am planning to do something different. Agam is really fond of sweets, so I am thinking of preparing some besan laddus for him. I was also planning to make a DIY Rakhi for him. I believe in putting efforts rather than giving materialistic things. I love pampering my brother with gifts, irrespective of any occasion. I believe it is extremely important to have a comfort level and friendship in a brother-sister relationship. Agam is my first best friend that I found in my house.”

Well it’s true to say that there is no bond as strong as sibling bond. This year would be a virtual celebration but it’s sure that love and affection shared will be real.

Aparna Dixit, Rahul Sharma and Alan Kapoor can be seen in Pyar Ki Luka Chuppi which is currently being telecast on Dangal TV.

 Dangal TV is available in all leading cable networks and DTH platforms –DD Free Dish (CHN NO 27), Tata Sky(CHN NO 177), Airtel (CHN NO 133), Dish TV (CHN NO 119) and Videocon D2H (CHN NO 106).

No comments:

Post a Comment