Friday 30 October 2020

Students from GHS Hiranwali, Punjab bagged Design for Change


– UNICEF YuWaah Youth Challenge

29th Oct 2020: The students of GHS Hiranwali, Punjab -- a partner government school under the Satya Bharti Quality Support Program of Bharti Foundation bagged a position in the Design for Change – UNICEF YuWaah Youth Challenge top 30 most inspiring ideas of change.

The YuWaah Youth Challenge seeks to inculcate social innovation and problem solving in young people as a part of experience-based learning and developing skills in students and youth which will help them in the future. NitiAayogGoI, Atal Innovation Mission, YuWaah, Generation Unlimited, UNICEF and Civic Response Team are the knowledge partners and supporters of this initiative.

Students of GHS Hiranwali noticed that the health and well-being of stray animals and birds were affected owing to bad summer weather. People were also confined to their home during the Covid -19 induced lockdown, making it further difficult for stay animals and birds to feed on the leftovers. This was an alarming call to the extent of endangerment of the species, which in turn, could also trigger an environmental impact.To address the issue, students came up with a replicable and scalable four-step solution which was environment-friendly and economical at the same time.

They build ditches with water, hanged food and water pots on the trees, utilized leftover food items/peels of fruits and vegetables as animal feed, also involved the community members and animal welfare institutions for guidance.

This resulted in a cleaner neighborhood since locals stopped littering the streets with the edible leftovers. The initial preparation of the project took about 15-30 days where the entire local community, Panchayat members, shopkeepers, safaikaramchaaris and parents of the students participated enthusiastically. Animal welfare association was also involved to show the impact of the model and ensure replicability in the other villages.

Initiatives like these are results of implementation of good practices, structured whole-school approach through co-scholastic activities defined under the Satya Bharti Quality Support Program’s four pillars: teachers’ empowerment, student empowerment, stakeholder engagement, and school environment improvement. Bharti Foundation encourages and facilitates schools to work on improving facilities by using available Government schemes and grants, actively engaging students, parents and the community to optimize the use of existing infrastructure and facilities. Similarly, special attentionand guidance is provided tostudents to ideate, initiate and implement environment friendly projects, keeping the global climate scenario as base. The Foundation also steps in with support at critical times by renovating toilets, improving libraries, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.odoma the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.odoma write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.odoma instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348100649947. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emergency Cash Loans Hello Everybody, My name is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South. I live in UK London and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $350,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $350,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Phyllis Sue South that refer you to him. contact Dr. James Eric via email: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Whats-App +918929509036

    ReplyDelete