Mumbai, 25 October 2019: With the festival of lights already at its zenith across the country, Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited urges people to ensure they take preventive measures so that they and their family have a happy and safe Diwali.
Below are few Do’s and Don’ts:
1. Use standard pins to tap supply from plug points.
2. Always use wires / cables / switches with ISI marks and of approved quality.
3. Used bulbs should be replaced only after the switch is off.
4. Keep all lamp holders with lamp.
5. Always buy/use electrical appliances / equipment's with ISI mark and strictly follow the instruction manual.
6. Always get certified electrician for repair and checking.
7. Use fully insulated tools while handling electric wires and equipment.
8. Cover bare portion of electrical connections with a good quality insulation.
9. Always ensure that a matching plug and socket is used to avoid loose contact and consequent heating and melting.
10. Report electrical accidents to concerned utility and Police.
11. Report the leakage of current in the installation to the concerned office.
12. Use fireworks only outdoor.
13. Buy fireworks of authorized/reputed manufacturers only.
14. Organize a community display of fireworks rather than individuals handling crackers.
15. Always use a long candle/'phooljhari' for igniting fire crackers and keep elbow joint straight to increase the distance between the body and the crackers.
16. Keep two buckets of water handy. In the event of fire, extinguish flame by pouring water from the buckets. Every major fire is small when it starts.
17. In case of burns, pour large quantity of water on the burnt area.
18. In case of major burns, after extinguishing the fire, remove all smoldering clothes. Wrap the victim in a clean bed sheet.
19. The patient should be taken to a burns specialist or a major hospital. Don't panic.
20. In case of eye burns, wash the eye with tap water for 10 minutes and take the victim
1. Do not leave the plug / socket within the reach of children
2. Do not leave the supply on while some repair work is to be done
3. Do not use fireworks at a crowded place, light only one firework at a time, by one person. Others should watch from a safe distance.
4. Do not use unearthed 3 in plugs to connect refrigerators, wet grinders, mixers, washing machine, iron boxes and geysers etc.
5. Do not go close to snapped electric wires but report immediately
About Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited:
Adani Electricity Mumbai Ltd (AEML), part of the diversified Adani Group, is an integrated business of power Generation, Transmission & Retail Electricity Distribution. It serves over three million consumers spread across 400 sq. kms in Mumbai and its suburbs with 99.99% reliability, among the highest in the country. Adani Electricity meets close to 2,000 MW of power demand in Mumbai’s largest and the most efficient power distribution network. It provides world-class customer care services with the help of advanced technologies. Adani Electricity plans to expand its presence in newer geographies in pursuit of India’s vision of ‘Power for All’.
For more information please visit our website www.adanielectricity.com