Monday 26 October 2020

"Sonali Bendre convinced me to take up acting," reveals Brahmarakshas 2 actress Nikki Sharma

Zee TV has presented several successful shows over the past 27 years and won its audience over with out-of-the-box and extraordinary content. Now yet another compelling narrative is set to take the channel's audience on a trip full of fantasy with the second season of its immensely successful and intriguing show Brahmarakshas. Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the show will feature popular television actress Nikki Sharma alongside Pearl V. Puri essaying the lead characters of the show.

From portraying several side characters to finally bagging her first lead role, Nikki Sharma is ecstatic to kickstart this new journey. However, while she has become popular due to her fantastic acting chops and the strong roles that she has portrayed, Nikki credits Bollywood actress Sonali Bendre for her rising career in Television. In fact, the B-town star has been a major influence in her life and the Brahmarakshas 2 actress reveals that Sonali persuaded her to take up acting. As Nikki revealed, "I was just a young girl when I began my journey. I started out by being part of a talent show where Sonali Bendre ma’am was the judge. I had gone quite far ahead in the competition, before I got eliminated and just before I left the show, Sonali Ma’am met me and told me that I should try acting on television. I took her advice seriously and took the plunge, however, the initial journey was a bit difficult. But I still managed to learn quite a lot, especially after I found myself exploring different kind of roles. I will have to say that she actually convinced me to venture into acting and without her advice, I wouldn't be here today."

Adding further, Nikki said “While my friends were well aware that I would step into acting or modelling, it was quite a task to convince my parents. Coming from a strong academic background, I had to really persuade them to let me audition for shows and that’s what made me realise my love for showbiz. I got my acting break in 2015 and there is no looking back now. Acting has always been my passion and I have learnt it live on sets by working with some of the biggest names and I wouldn't have done it any different.”

Like Nikki, her Brahmarakshas 2-character Kalindi will face a lot of obstacles too. Set against the backdrop of Songadh, the fantasy fiction show depicts the journey of an ordinary young girl - Kalindiwhose destiny gets entwined with an evil force and a drastic twist of fate has her drawing all her inner strength to combat the wicked Brahmarakshas. While the latter garners its strength from kidnapping brides on the day of their wedding and casting a dark spell over the town, Kalindi’s only source of strength is her love for her partner, Angad (played by Pearl V. Puri). As she navigates and maneuvers her way through the world of evil and her own ordinary life, Kalindi finds herself fighting a tough battle to protect the people she truly cares for!

To know more about Kalindi's journey, stay tuned as Brahmarakshas 2 is coming soon on Zee TV

No comments:

Post a Comment