Sunday 19 May 2019

Aala Re Aala Zee Cinema par ‘Simmba’ Aala


~ World Television Premiere of Simmba on Sunday May 19, 2019 at 12 noon on Zee Cinema ~ 
A crusader for women’s safety, Simmba is an orphan from Shivgadh from where our beloved Singham was born and raised. Contrary to the philosophies of Singham, Simmba believes that a Corrupt Officer's life is an ideal life which inspires him to become one. While Simmba enjoys all the perks of being an immoral and unethical Police Officer, a twist in the tale transforms him and forces him to choose the righteous path. Starring Ranveer Singh, debutant Sara Ali KhanSonu Sood and Ajay Devgn in an extended cameo, the movie is all set for its World Television Premiere on Sunday 19th May 2019 at 12 noon only on Zee Cinema.
Narrated by Singham (Ajay Devgn), Simmba follows the life of a cavalier police inspector Sangram Bhalerao a.k.a Simmba (Ranveer Singh), whose roots lie in Shivgad, Singham's hometown. But unlike the squeaky-clean older officer, Simmba thinks nothing of resorting to corrupt ways to line his pockets. He gets transferred to Miramar police station, where he sees Shagun Sathe (Sara Ali Khan). It is love at first leer as the cop ogles the young girl from across the street. With the intention of making a grand entry, he interrupts a pub party run by the goon Durva Yashwant Ranade's (Sonu Sood) brothers, demanding for more money. Durva agrees and wins him over thus using him to do his dirty work. Stuck in the rut, Simmba ends up following orders against his wishes. He however takes a stand when Aakruti Dave (Vaidehi Parshurami), a young woman who reminds him of his teacher is brutally raped for gathering evidence against the drug racket. Resulting in an inevitable turn, Simmba decides to avenge her death by taking the law in his hands. 
The power-house Ranveer Singh said, “Rohit Shetty is the king of the action-entertainment, masala genre. I always wanted to be a Rohit Shetty hero and when I got this opportunity, I gave it my all. Both of us are entertainers at our core – we like entertaining the audiences to the hilt. My character in Simmba, Sangram Bhalerao will always stay extraordinarily close to my heart because I got to act in a film, in a genre which was my home territory. I’m thankful to Rohit Shetty for believing in me and making me part of his power packed cop universe.” 
Basking in the success of Simmba, Sara Ali Khan said, “Rohit-sir is the most hands-on, patient and compassionate team leader. Working with him was such a privilege for me not just professionally but also personally since I truly tried to imbibe the dedication and focus that he works with. There were times when we would shoot from 9 a.m. to 3 a.m., and yet all of us were back on sets the next morning at 9 am. Looking at Ranveer work so hard, with so much detailed focus despite being the biggest star in our country was another major learning for me! I truly consider myself lucky to have been a part of a film like this!  I hope that the viewers tune in to Zee Cinema to watch the premiere.”
The man behind it all Rohit Shetty said, “I always thought of it as a desi Marvel universe story where the leads meet in Simmba. I am happy with the way it has shaped up. Everyone around keeps telling me that Simmba is my best work to date”
While the movie did extremely well, the music album received equal appreciation. The title track ‘Aala Re Aala’ is a visual spectacle with over 1,800 dancers. The successful remix of the decade old foot-tapping song ‘Aankh Marey’ proved to be a party-starter and garnered a whopping 1 billion views on YouTube, within 149 days. The song marks the reunion of the Golmaal gang with Arshad Warsi performing on his hit number.
Watch the World Television Premiere of Simmba on Sunday 19th May 2019 at 12 noon only on Zee Cinema

No comments:

Post a Comment