Wednesday 21 April 2021

“I was playing my father”, Anthony Hopkins reveals intimate details while discussing The Father, releasing 23rd April

April 2021 – A sombre tale of love and loss, The Father is a film that pierces through our hearts with unabashed honesty. 

Helmed by debutant director Florian Zeller, Hopkins recalls how it felt working with the acclaimed playwright, “It was the most extraordinary experience till the day; it was like being in a painless operation.”

Sir Anthony could also identify with the film’s themes due to his own bittersweet past, as he shares, “What I was playing was my own father in a way, my father to the end of his life. He didn't suffer from dementia, except he started to lose it a little in the last weeks, but it was a slow deterioration from a heart attack.”

On embodying a troubled character with a diminishing mind, he comments, “It’s quite an education; it’s made me very aware as I am getting older. I am aware of the time of my mortality and life's very rich opportunities, of glimmers, of sunshine on pieces of furniture, and look; this is the very strange mystery of being alive.”

With a cast that also features Olivia Colman, Mark Gatiss, Imogen Poots, Rufus Sewell, and Olivia Williams, The Father is a poignant piece of art that just cannot be missed!

PVR Pictures to release The Father in Indian Theatres on the 23rd of April, 2021.

Catch a glimpse of The Father here

No comments:

Post a Comment